Dance Champs Elite
2023 Dance Convention
- 3 Levels of Training
- 5 Master Classes! Hip Hop . Jazz Funk/Commercial . Lyrical . Contemporary . Technique & Form
- Lean from Leaders in the Industry!
- Affordable, Fun & Fabulous Learning Experience!
- Earn Scholarships (All Levels)
- Improv Challenge or Audition Like-A-Pro Workshop!
- Faculty Collab Grand Finale Class!
- Faculty Autographs, Photos, Q&A
- Royal Wrap-Up Event: DANCERS SHOWCASE; FINALE; SCHOLARSHIPS & DANCE-OFF PARTY!
Are you Ready to EXPERIENCE the Royal Difference?
Come see what Dance Champs Elite’s Royal Dance Convention Is All About
Pre-Register for one of our workshops listed below. Each class will be taken place simultaneously at each of our conventions and are included in your registration fee.
MONARCH IMPROV CHALLENGE…
PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED! Dance Champs Elite Improv Challenge is open to ALL Dancers and is a fun way to show off your talent, your favorite style of dance and your skills in front of all your NEW friends and family! The fun really comes in when the DJ chooses your music for you!! Time to really show off your Improv ability! All Dancers joining in this challenge are to meet on the dance floor in the Main Ballroom, wait for the music to begin and dance their best to the music provided, Judges and faculty will tap dancers on the shoulder that have not met the challenge and they are to immediately leave the dance floor until we have only One Queen and King left to Crown our Monarch Improv Royalty!
AUDITION LIKE A PRO…
PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED! Audition-Like-A-Pro Workshop is a one-hour educational experience for dancers of all ages who are interested in pursuing a professional career in dance or commercial work. The Audition Workshop is led by one of our accredited master teachers and is designed to better prepare the dancers for any auditioning experience.
The class will provide all of the fundamentals and knowledge for a successful audition. The workshop is broken down into sections, focusing on the important topics you can expect at a professional audition.
All of these useful tools and tips can be applied to everything in a dancer’s career, from auditions to interviews and much more! The Audition Workshop is in a setting that is nurturing and supportive and is also educational and fun!
Join our Elite Faculty as they create ONE Hot routine for ALL our Dancers to perform together to close out our Extensive Intensive! Each Faculty member will teach two 8-counts and combine them together to produce one fun, collaborative dynamic combination to end our day the ROYAL Way!
All Family and Fans are invited to attend our Royal Wrap-Up Review at the conclusion of our Extensive Intensive, all dancers will showcase what they learned in their last class of the day, followed by our Scholarship presentations and our Faculty Finale will close out the day!!!
Observer bands are not needed to attend the showcase. All are welcome to join the fun!
REGAL STANDOUT SCHOLARSHIP!
Each faculty member will choose one dancer as the recipient of their “Regal Standout” Scholarship. This dancer may be someone who excels in class, someone who shows a lot of potential, or someone who stands out to the faculty for a special reason. “Regal Standout” Scholarships can be awarded to any dancer!
“Regal Standout” Scholarship Winners receive…
- ONE Free Solo to Dance Champs Elite Regional Competition in the current season and 10% Off an Extensive Intensive the following season!
*Dancers are eligible for only one “Regal Standout” Scholarship per season.
Each faculty member will award scholarships in each of their individual classes to dancers that excel at their style of dance. This will give dancers the opportunity to receive scholarships in all disciplines of dance. “Elite Feet” Scholarships can be awarded to any dancer! The number of scholarship winners may vary depending on convention size.
All “Elite-Feet” Scholarship Winners receive…
- TWO Free Solos to Dance Champs Elite Regional Competition in the current season and 20% Off an Extensive Intensive the following season!
*Dancers are eligible for only one “Elite Feet” Scholarship per season.
ROYAL PALACE RULER SCHOLARSHIP!
Dance Champs Elite Faculty will search for our Royal Palace Rulers…ONE Dancer from our Advanced Division ONLY will be awarded with this Exclusive and Coveted Title! This dancer will possess undeniable talent, professionalism, and passion…a True Palace Ruler!
“Royal Palace Ruler” Winner receives…
- FREE Dance Champs Elite Extensive Intensive Registration the following season, 3 FREE Solos at any Regional and will be presented with our Crystal Tiara or King Snapback!
*Dancers are eligible for only one “Royal Palace Ruler” Scholarship per season.
CASTLE CHAMPION STUDIO SCHOLARSHIP!
Each studio that brings 10 or more paying dancers to our Extensive Intensive will receive a “Castle Champion Studio” Scholarship.
All “Castle Champion Studio” Scholarship Winners receive…
10% OFF Regional during the Current Season and ONE Free Dance Champs Elite Extensive Intensive Registration the following season!
- Ages are determined as of January 1st, of that Regional Season.
- For example: Ages for November 2022 events will be as of January 1, 2023, and ages for April 2023 events will be as of January 1, 2023.
- All registration and entry fees are non-refundable, no exceptions.
- All registration must be completed and paid in full by the early deadline date to receive the discounted rate. Please refer to the deadline dates posted next to the city in which you are attending.
- No entries will be confirmed unless payment has been received by the deadline.
- All registration must be completed online.
- In order to participate and/or watch our Convention Classes, all attendees must have a wristband. Wristbands must be worn in a visible location in order to enter any ballroom.
- Wristbands @ $10, each
- Chaperones are required for all participants who are attending our event. Chaperones are responsible for dancers at all times. Dance Champs Elite is not responsible for the supervision of dancers.
- During the convention setting there are no oversized dance bags or luggage allowed in any of the ballrooms. Please keep all belongings as close to the wall as possible to ensure that all dancers have plenty of space to dance.
- All dancers must wear cover-up and shoes when outside the ballroom area. Please no bare feet outside ballrooms.
- Dancers must attend ALL classes and wear their scholarship badges for all classes.
- All attendees automatically give their permission to Dance Champs Elite to use all photos and videos from Convention for advertising, publicity, and professional use.
- Photo and video during Convention is allowed. Please remember to be respectful of the class.
- Please be respectful of other guests in hotel and public spaces.
- Teachers/Assistants/Parents are more than welcome to observe and/or participate in all ballrooms. When dancing in student classrooms we ask you dance to the side or back of the room behind all dancers.
- It is at the Studio Directors discretion, to register each dancer at the Level that best suits them on an individual basis to ensure they maximize their experience with us.
- We have 3 Levels of Classes that Dancers may be registered in; each has a designated ballroom that the dancers will take classes in during the day and the Teachers will come to them. Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced, we do not indicate age levels as we feel our Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Dancers come in all ages!
- When a dancer wins a scholarship with one studio, he/she cannot utilize the scholarship as an “independent” or with another studio, without the permission of the original studio owner.
- Independent dancers are unable to receive Non-Stop Dancer scholarships but are eligible for all other scholarships.
- Dancers ages 20+ are not eligible for any scholarships.
- All scholarships must be used before the expiration date printed on the scholarship voucher.
- Scholarships are not transferable.
- The Hotel, Facilities and Dance Champs Elite are not responsible for any lost personal items or injuries.
- If a participant of Dance Champs Elite needs First Aid, please see a Dance Champs Staff faculty member or go directly to the Royalty Shoppe in the main lobby.
- Register 6 -10 PAID dancers → 1 Teacher attends for FREE!
- Register 11 – 20 PAID dancers → 2 Teachers attend for FREE!
- Register 21-30 PAID dancers → 3 Teachers attend for FREE!
- Register 31-40 PAID dancers → 4 Teachers attend for FREE!
- Register 41 + PAID dancers → ALL Teachers attend for FREE!
- Make connections- Forming relationships with faculty and other dancers throughout the day is an important component for a successful experience!
- Look the part- Try to choose attire that will make you distinctive in a crowded ballroom and that will show off your style and personality! Keep it classy by choosing form-fitting items with conservative cuts.
- Assess the conditions- At many conventions, you may have to dance on carpeting or a crowded dance floor in a ballroom. Check out the space and practice beforehand so you’re prepared.
- Show your stuff- Standing in the front of the room can be a smart move, but please don’t be aggressive. Teachers appreciate confidence, enthusiasm, positive attitude and respect for others! Please, No fighting for a spot!
- Royal Wrap-Up- Our Royal Wrap-Up Review is an informal showing for parents to see what the dancers have learned throughout the day, Beginner, Intermediate & Advance Classes will perform what they learned in their last class of the day and ALL will perform the Faculty Collab Grand Finale. Parents are encouraged to take photos and videos of their dancers to capture the fun and excitement of our Extensive Intensive!
IMPORTANT: Dancers MUST wear ALL Black for the Showcase! Our Wrap-Up Event is FREE for all, lasts approximately one hour and includes:
- Faculty Introduction!
- Class Performances!
- Faculty Finale!
- Scholarship Presentations!
- Teacher / Parent Dance-Off!
- Faculty & Dancers Selfie Session!
THE ROYAL EXTENSIVE INTENSIVE: Sample Schedule
7:15 – 7:45am
7:45 – 8:15am
REGAL MEET & GREET AND WARM-UP!
(Faculty Introduction and Warm Up in the Main Ballroom)
8:30 – 9:25am
TECHNIQUE & FORM
9:30 – 10:25am
TECHNIQUE & FORM
10:30 – 11:25am
11:30 – 12:00pm
LUNCH / ROYALTY SHOPPE MERCH
12:05 – 1:00pm
TECHNIQUE & FORM
1:05 – 2:00pm
2:00 – 2:15pm
BREAK / ROYALTY SHOPPE MERCH
2:15 – 2:55pm
OPTIONAL: MONARCH IMPROV CHALLENGE, Pre-Registration Required!
2:15 – 2:55pm
OPTIONAL: AUDITION LIKE A PRO CLASS! Parents & Dancers are invited to join our elite Faculty and learn the In’s/Outs and Definitely Do’s/Don’ts of the Audition process!
3:00 – 3:50pm
3:50 – 4:00pm
BREAK / ROYALTY SHOPPE MERCH
4:00 – 4:30pm
FACULTY AUTOGRAPHS, Q & A
BREAK / ROYALTY SHOPPE MERCH and PREPARE FOR ROYAL WRAP-UP EVENT!
5:00 – 6:00pm
Talent Showcase, Scholarship Winners, Teacher/Parent Dance-Off, Selfie Time!